Our Privacy Commitment:
We are committed to being open and transparent about how We manage Your personal information.
At Forsite We have a few fundamental principles:
- We will only use Your personal information when it is necessary for Us to deliver You Our services or perform other necessary business functions and activities.
- We will not use or disclose Your personal information for purposes unrelated to Our business activities and the Services, unless We first obtain Your consent.
We are bound by the requirements of those laws, which regulate how We may collect, store, use and disclose Your personal information. Those laws also specify other requirements, such as how individuals may access, correct and delete information held about them.
When We say "personal information" We mean identifiable information about You, such as Your name, email address, telephone number, location and so on.
What information do we collect?
Information You provide to Us directly: Our usual practice is to collect personal information directly from You, and Your Permitted Users, when You subscribe to, and use, the Services. A few examples include:
- Personal details: given name(s); location; employer.
- Demographic information: gender; date of birth; age; nationality; title; language.
- Contact details: email address; correspondence address; telephone number.
- Consent records: records of any consent You may have given and the subject matter of that consent.
- Information We get from third parties: We may collect or obtain personal information from authorised third parties (e.g. credit reference agencies, law enforcement agencies). This includes information such as public information or background checks such as credit and criminal record checks.
- Information We collect automatically: We may collect personal information about You automatically when You visit Our websites or use Our Services, like Your IP address, location and device type. Some of this information may be collected using cookies, Our sensor technology and similar tracking technologies.
- Information We create in the performance of the Services: We may also create or obtain personal information, such as Your interactions with Us, and any interactions We have with clients on Your behalf.
- Information You make public: We may collect or obtain Your personal information that You manifestly choose to make public.
How is your information processed?
Where We collect personal information, We will only process it:
- to perform a contract with You; or
- where We have legitimate interests to process the personal information and these interests are not overridden by Your rights; or
- in accordance with a legal obligation; or
- where We have Your consent.
You can always choose not to provide Your personal information to Forsite, but it may mean that We are unable to provide You with the Services.
Forsite collects Your personal information so that We can provide You with the Services and any related services You may request. In doing so, We may use the personal information We have collected from You for purposes related to the Services including:
- to process and administer the Services, and to help Us develop, improve, manage, administer and facilitate the Services and business operations;
- for internal purposes (such as record keeping and database management);
- to conduct research and produce reports;
- to comply with all laws and regulations in all applicable jurisdictions;
- to communicate with You; and
- any other purpose reasonably incidental or ancillary to these purposes.
Disclosure of information:
Your personal information will not be sold, traded rented or otherwise provided to others without Your consent.
From time to time, third parties may submit requests to access information that has been generated from Your use of Forsite. This might include, for example, law enforcement or government agencies requesting information about You or Permitted Users.
We may also disclose information about You or Your use of Our products and services if We have a good faith belief that such action is allowed by law, for example in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993 to avoid prejudice to the maintenance of the law or to prevent or lessen a serious threat to public health or safety, or to the life or health of an individual. Where possible and appropriate, We will notify You if We are required by law to disclose Your personal information.
International Data Transfers:
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than New Zealand – such as Australia and Singapore, where Our data hosting servers are currently located. There may be differences with New Zealand's privacy laws. However, where We disclose personal information to a third party in another country, We place safeguards to ensure Your personal information is protected.
For individuals in the European Economic Area (EEA), this means that Your personal information may be transferred outside of the EEA. Where Your personal information is transferred outside the EEA, it will only be transferred to countries that have been identified as providing adequate protection for EEA data (like New Zealand), or to a third party where We have approved transfer mechanisms in place to protect Your personal information (e.g. by entering into the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses). For further information, please contact Us using the details set out in the contact section below.
How is information protected?
We use an industry-leading service provider to ensure Your information is well-protected. Forsite implements a variety of security measures to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of Your personal information when You enter, submit, or access Your personal information.
While We endeavour to protect the privacy of Your account and personal information We hold, We cannot guarantee complete security at all times. There are a number of measures You need to take to keep Your information secure. For example, it is important that You:
- choose a strong password – We recommend using at least 8 characters, with at least 2 numbers or letters; and
- do not write down Your password or share it with anyone.
What about links to other websites?
Email, text and telephone communications:
We are committed to full compliance with the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007.
By subscribing to emails and/or text communications, or otherwise providing Your email address and/or mobile number, You consent to receiving emails and/or texts (as the case may be) which promote and market Our products and services, or the products and services of others, from time to time.
You can unsubscribe from Our email communications and/or text communications at any time by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link in any promotional or marketing email or text received or by emailing [email@example.com].
Once You have unsubscribed from the email or text communications, You will be removed from the corresponding marketing list as soon as is reasonably practicable.
Accessing Your personal information?
It is Your responsibility to ensure that the personal information You provide is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Your Site Administrator can access and edit the information held about You and Your Permitted Users, including Your Service Provider’s Permitted Users. Your Service Provider will also nominate a resource who can access information held about that Service Provider’s Permitted Users.
You or Your Permitted Users can also ask Us directly what personal information We hold about You and request for any details that are wrong to be corrected. We may charge You for the reasonable costs of retrieving and providing this information in certain circumstances.
The length of time We keep Your personal information depends on what it is and whether We have an ongoing business need to retain it (for example, to provide You with a service You’ve requested or to comply with applicable legal requirements such as money laundering and financial reporting legislation).
We’ll retain Your personal information for as long as We have a relationship with You and for a period of time afterwards where We have an ongoing business need to retain it, in accordance with Our internal retention policies and practices. Following that period, We’ll make sure it’s deleted or anonymised.
Otherwise, as a general rule, We only keep Your personal information for as long as We require it for the purposes of providing You with Our Services.
How to contact Forsite LP?
Permitted Users means people authorised to access the Services through Your organisation.
Services means the services provided to You by Forsite including but not limited to the Forsite application.
Service Provider means the service provider You have assigned to a site.
Site Administrator means an employee or other resource in Your organisation who has additional access/edit rights in Forsite.
All other terms have the meaning have the same meaning as in the Forsite Terms and Conditions of Use and the Privacy Act 1993.